- Small town feel.
- Proximity to amenities like Granddaddy lakes.
- Larger lot sizes and lower property costs.
- Availability of commercial land.
- Regional recreation center.
- A lack of business in the area leads to residents having a hard time finding employment without long commutes.
- The proportion of non-resident property owners.
- Most residents commute out of town to fulfill needs like employment and shopping, which leads to a loss in potential sales tax revenue.
- Use the affordable land as an incentive for developers.
- Create more recreation opportunities that support the quality of life for residents (i.e. trails).
- Prioritize code enforcement.
- Create updated utility master plans.
- Some infrastructure and buildings in the town have begun to deteriorate, which could present a threat and can be a visual nuisance. A town that looks poorly cared for can raise concerns for public safety.
Background + Indicators
Estimated 2016 Population